> >For me this means that I will wait for a fix of the OS
> >before I care about writing a clean driver with ISR for
> >ethernet. After the OS has been fixed: Wether the ISR will
> >actually fill any RAM buffers or just wakes up a usermode
> >job that reads from the hardware buffers on the network card
> >and translates them directly into the TCP/IP stack's
> >internal buffering scheme, remains to be seen. I tend to
> >avoid double data copying.
>
> I brought this matter up with Marcel. Here is his suggestion:
>
> # He can request a re-schedule simply by setting the sys_rshd system
> # variable to $FF. This will then be checked every time an SMSQ trap is
> # invoked, which should normally happen very often. I think this should
> # be good enough for his problem.

this may help, but usually only in situations where it isn't needed
anyway. A similar effect could be achieved on all QDOS variants by
setting sv.pollm, although this has slide sideeffects.

I looked at js rom and it appears really trivial to fix properly
so why some workaround that doesn't help?

Richard