Hi all !

I'm trying to configure an ISA PnP card (RTL8019AS based) for use on
my Q60. The card got a "jumperless" mode (i.e. a mode where PnP is
disabled) that may be enabled via a DOS software (on a PC) and its
parameters (I/O address, IRQ, Duplex/Simplex modes) can be set via
this software too. The parameters are retained in a flash memory on
the Ethernet card.

I tried several configurations, but only IRQ 10 seems to allow the Q60
to boot properly (IRQ 5, although theorically available, makes the Q60
unstable and it crashes either at SMSQ/E boot time, or at the Linux
loader execution time).

The problem is: Linux (Shoebox v1.0a) hangs when trying to bring up eth0
at boot time...

The configuration of the card is:

IRQ 10
I/O 300h
Full duplex

It is connected to a 10/100Mbps switch and the network parameters are
properly set in Linux.

Any idea of what happens and the way to fix this ?

Thierry ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).
  • ... Thierry Godefroy
    • ... Richard Zidlicky
      • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
        • ... pgraf
          • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
            • ... Peter Graf
              • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
            • ... Richard Zidlicky
              • ... pgraf
                • ... Phoebus R. Dokos
                • ... Richard Zidlicky