On 15 Feb 2004 at 22:15, Tony Firshman wrote:

> On  Sun, 15 Feb 2004 at 18:05:51, Peter Graf wrote:
> (ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
>

> >Hi,
> >
> >is somebody out there who owns two networked PCs, one with a 10
> >Mbit/sec ISA NE2000 (or clone) card, and could do a speed test using
> >this PC as HTTP server?
> >
> >With the Q60/QLwIP as server I currently get average 854 kBytes/sec
> >HTTP throughput, measured with Ethereal, transferring a file larger
> >than 10MB. It would be interesting how far from the optimal value this is
> >still away.
> >
> >My test setup:
> >Server: Q60/80, Realtek RTL8019AS ISA, QDOS Classic 3.25 Beta R, QLwIP
> >Client: Athlon 1.2 GHz, Realtek RTL8029AS PCI, RedHat Linux 9.0, Netscape
> >browser
> >
> >Unfortunately I have no second PC so I can only measure from PC to Q60 and
> >vice versa.
> I am sure I have such a card.
> I will fit it in one of the nine PCs here tomorrow (5 run 24/7!) and
> test.   It may not be until the evening.

Many thanks!

> What is Ethereal?  Will a stop watch do?

It will be difficult with a stop watch. Ethereal is a fine network
protocol analyzer. If you have one of the usual Linux distros installed,
you're likely to already have it. BTW it's free software, and easily
ourperforms commercial tools that cost > 1000 EUR.

http://www.ethereal.com

If you want to try it, just say "Capture/Start", choose the interface and
"OK". Stop when you're finished and look at "Tools/Summary". The best is,
if you capture only during the transfer, so the result is not influenced
by human interaction with the browser.

> Have you played with the I2C stuff yet?

Not yet. Anyway I wanted to purchase Minerva, because you and Lau have
kindly placed it under the GPL, which deserves some recognition.

All the best
Peter