Richard,

we are curretnly working on debian support for the Q40,
kernel images for test are available.

First kernel images for test are here:

  http://master.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/

You can unpack the .deb package with "ar x ....deb" and
install the kernel as usually.

Many thanks. I hope that move will relieve you from distro maintainance someday.

No specific support for installer yet, manual installation
worked quite well last time tried. Currently this is only
interesting for people with unmetered internet connection.

Why unmetered internet? Isn't it possible to install the packages manually from a normal 68k Debian distro?

I've ordered the full 68k 3.0r2 distro (+ Update 3.0r2-01) on CDs. If you'd like copies, pls let me know.

All the best
Peter