On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:49:59 +0100, Jeremy Taffel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This probably isn't very helpful but.....

Did you say that your printer originally worked? I suspect that something
screwed up with your windows installation and that the only recovery route
is to clear the disk and start all over again.

If you go down that route, my inclination would be to first install Linux
Mandrake 9.2 and see what it makes of your hardware. My USB printer and my
USB to Ethernet interface were both recognised and configured by mandrake
with far less difficulty than with Win98SE. There again if it is a mobo
problem, linux is more likely to spot it than Win98.

Jeremy

Or -unless Dilwyn already said otherwise- the printer may well be fried. The only way he can check for that however is to install it on another machine.

An EPSON printer dead isn't that uncommon. When I was still in Greece and dealt with hundreds of them our stats indicated that they had the highest rates of failures of all inkjets

Phoebus
  • ... RWAPSoftware
    • ... Dilwyn Jones
    • ... Dilwyn Jones
      • ... Mike MacNamara
        • ... Dilwyn Jones
          • ... Peter Fox
            • ... Dilwyn Jones
      • ... Jeremy Taffel
        • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
          • ... Dilwyn Jones
            • ... Tony Firshman