On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:47:01 +0200, wolfgang mÃhlegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Michael Berger schrieb:

----- Original Message ----- From: "wolfgang mÃhlegger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] QL Network link QL <--> PC possible?

michael

there is a very good manual in the above mentioned zip-file
(sogar auf deutsch)
 ;-)

i think it will help you
probably not at this point:
The serial cable that I have is designed for the QL's serial port #2 (AFAIK
the wiring for the ser ports is not identical). I assume sernet is
preconfigured to use ser1(?) So I am in trouble how to configure sernet to
use ser2 port. Somewhere else I read that the MenuConfig program can do
that. Found the program itself, but no manual or tutorial for it. Trying the
command "lrespr menuconfig" just gives me a version information on the
command line but no hint how to use the prog.
EXEC MENUCONFIG

that should help

here is my netstart_cmd:

REMark NETSTART_BAS
  REMark BAUD 115200 : rem i use qpc2 only, so setting the bau-rate is
                      rem not required here, i get better results when i
                      rem use the win$-devicemanager
  REMark BAUD 57600
  REMark BAUD 38400
  REMark BAUD 19200
  REMark BAUD 14400
  REMark BAUD 9600
  PRINT 'Starting SERNET..'
  LRESPR 'win1_sys_sernet'  : rem win1_sys_ is my systemfolder
  X$ = QPC_NETNAME$
  X  = X$(LEN(X$))
  PRINT 'Netstation #';x
  rem SNET X
  PRINT 'Starting Serverjob ..'
  EXEP 'SERNET'
  PRINT 'SERNET is Ready!'
  CONTINUE

<snip>

Of course sernet HAS to be configured with Menuconfig (or config) first and remember that it will only work up to 19200 (with Hermes) between a real QL and QPC2 or at best at 2400 without Hermes. Sadly (as Derek pointed) superHermes Ser3 will not work even when rerouted to ser2 with one of superHermes redirection commands although I have never tried Simser on a Minerva to see if the redirection can be made before simser is run and sernet won't know about it :-)

Phoebus
  • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (ÎÎÎÎÎÏ Î. ÎÏÏÎÎÏ)
    • ... Derek Stewart
      • ... Michael Berger
      • ... Michael Berger
        • ... Derek Stewart