> ... and an emulator on a phone could not be used on aeroplanes, in
> hospitals, car forecourts to name a few.

That's simply false !!!
You cannot use the phone and bluetooth functions but it remains a programmable PDA
with photo
and video-camera :)
You can read and answer all the eMails, MMS and SMS you got before switching to the
plane mode
to be ready sending them exiting plane or hospital...

> >> Marcel, if you are so Java opposed, how big a job would it be to port QPC
> >> to the phone using C/C++ ?
> >
> >Well, if somebody paid me full time to professionally do that job I'd
> >say 10000 to 20000 EUR might be enough...

How much pizzas or hamburgers ? :))
Gerhard