Davide Santachiara schrieb:

Some years ago (when I was working in Ferrari) one of our RISC 6000 workstation was not used for some weeks. When it was switched on it didn't work and so we called the IBM h/w helpdesk. When the technician arrived the solution was to disassemble the HD, quickly rotate it with his hand and then assemble again the HD into the case. That worked very nice (!). The internal disk was stuck because of the non-operational period and with the a strong rotation it was unlocked. However we are talking of old and bulky SCSI hard disks.