On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 00:56:56 +0100 (BST), Witchy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The trick is the 'j' in the file name. That is the JRE v.2 which is very
large and which you will need whether you have Opera, IE OR Mozilla (every
flavour).

Mostly true, but it depends on what websites you visit. For instance, a
company I work at every week doesn't need JRE, but because HP have decided
to archive their JetAdmin software and move to a web version we now have
to install JRE on any machine using JetAdmin. Fortunately these days it's
not too much of a chore to download; this afternoon I think it was about
7mb.

I wonder what browsing space you are losing... Opera's ads appear in the
button bar and that doesn't take ANY space from your browsing.

Of course it does - last version of opera I downloaded (7.x) had pretty
large doubleclick style ads which obviously take up screen real estate and
therefore browser space. Firefox is freer than a free thing and takes up
as much space as you want it to.

Well that's not exactly right... without the plugins and down to bare minimum it is still bigger than Opera... of course compared to IE it's tiny as a grain of sand (ANYTHING compared to IE is miniscule).
Regardless of all that however it is a pretty decent browser and my first choice for sites that are not standards compliant (ie have stupid developers ;-)
Admittedly most designers only create websites that cater to Mozilla/Netscape (and therefore FireFox) and IE. In reality however if a site works with Opera it works with everything ;-)

(squirrelmail does it for me) so I don't need that functionality. As has
been said before it's down to choice, and hurrah for having choice!

Absolutely... if it came down to Firefox vs IE... well FF it is :-)
And don't get me wrong but I use Opera for everything, from my Mobile phone (Nokia series 60) to my Win and Linux and of course BeOS (Granted it is a very old version). Of course I do not like the ads button bar or not but since I got free registration on all my Operas I really don't care :-). In reality, on my Zeta/BeOS installations I have switched to FireFox as it is wayyyy more advanced than Opera 3.62 that BeOS has.

Well soon we hope. Retawq is pretty cool :-)

That I'd like to see, but none of my QLs are web enabled :-\

All you need is a modem ;-) hehe (well sorta)

Phoebus