I did RTFM, before trying to format, the command "WIN_FORMAT 1" is unknown to my version.
I was not sure about which version this appeared in. Even TT forgot he had put it in and wondered why he could not format a drive - as he told us at one of the French shows.

However, I did explore the code in a hex editor and noticed a few spelling mistakes in the clear ASCII words - corruption ??

Used other configured versions to find 2 out of 4 working. Am getting WIN2 and more, sadly it wont work on a USB memcard reader, which appears as H:\ drive - might have been useful !

I tried something similar with my QXL (of course it runs SMSQ/e v.3.x) and I didn't have any problems... I could upgrade you if you like (or anyother SMSQ/e vendor for that matter plus you'll get fancy colours :-)

The ability to configure SMSQ/E for the QXL so that you can assign WIN1_ to WIN8_ to different drive letters or different files was only put into the latest version.

--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB