I remember Quanta saying the Horizon Centre was too expensive. I liked the Walton Park Hotel, but I suspect that is expensive too. Not exactly convenient though for overseas visitors or people North of Watford.

>Not sure how easy access would be for international visits - is the
>local area served by an international airport for example? What are
>rail connections like to the south coast sea ports and Birmingham and
>London airports?
Is the Birmingham group still fully active?  Birmingham would be better
for people north of Watford.

Great that a good time was had by so many, how many ?

Would it not be a good idea to take a poll of how many would come, and from where ? Would the Europeans come by road, air, rail or coach ?

I imagine if you tried to strike a mean (after giving one point to all, but with an extra point to those you KNOW would turn up) you might find somewhere in the North of London, say between the North Circ' and the M25 and near a tube station.

It does not surprise me to perceive this anti Quanta sentiment, way back I was in the Cambridge group, an independent operation well looked after by Peter Rowell, we had a vote on wether or not to affiliate - Not !

Committies are frightful monsters, I got on and tried to bring some common sense to the MENSA org when the whole thing had seemed to have descended to an IQ (not to be confused with intelligence) testing station. No such luck then, I wonder how Clive is doing there.

DT