[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a  message dated 17/11/2004 11:27:54 GMT Standard Time,
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Actually, Joachim  presented it the other way round:
> The job sends  the data to a  pipe which is then sent to the
> printer/device driver.

Rich, I  think you misunderstood me. Also the way you say it above is
very  confusing with the mixing of terms.

I propose the programs send the  data to a special device driver. In
theory, this device driver could be  named "par".
This device driver actually forwards the data into a pipe (it  could also
dump it to ramdisk, or a temp disk on the hard drive or  whatever).
The conversion program then picks up the pipe or file and  actually send
the data to the printer.

I hope this makes it  clear.
Joachim

RM Wrote:
Yes, Joachim, this is my understanding - think it was wolfgang who
misunderstood lol...

--
Rich  Mellor
RWAP Services

Stuck with ordinary dial up  internet connection ??
Read our review of internet accelerators and  broadband at: