No.. You are so wrong. I know two people in my locale who are happy with their Trump Card QL's - and nothing else!
BK
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Tubbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 10:47 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Re: QL2005

At 20:21 19/11/2004 +0000, you wrote:

There was a proposal at the 2003 AGM for the magazine to be distributed by email, but it was reported to the 2004 AGM this was not practical because of the large number of members who do not have internet access. I don't know how the research was done.

Do let's put this excuse to bed.

No  person into computing is without access to the net.

For a number of years I used QL & PC on a boat, no phone line or satellite dish, but I had POP3 email and web access thru Inet Caffs all over the place.

In particular I used , an still do , Eudora which an be invoked with data from floppy disk.