Sorry John, but my strong belief is that, if friends or associates are involved, it is even more important to have a legal agreement when any kind of business and/or financial activities are involved. Otherwise, you are risking some very hard feelings if something is not understood or goes wrong. Unfortunately I have my own personal experience with this and know others who have also gone through some bad stuff.

I would hope that any business activity that Quanta undertakes has a legal agreement of some type. Doesn't have to be over bearing or bundled with a bunch of lawyers (after all, the idea is that we do trust each other I would hope), but it does need to be there.

This also protects Quanta because, if there are any questions about how something is done, there is a solid paper trail that at least shows the good intent behind the activities.

Cheers,
jim