On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:27:43 +0100, Wolfgang Lenerz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 24 Nov 2004 at 20:21, Rich Mellor wrote:
OK - good news - but does this mean that QDOS Classic will not work - I
seem to recall that QDOS Classic does not support the pointer environment,
though I could be wrong

I don't know.

Hmm - didn't comment on fonts - I guess that the filters will have to try
and adapt standard fonts at present to represent those available on dot
matrix printers.

Ummm,just what are we talking about here?

Do you want some kind of wysiwyg? Then there is ionly one font: courrier.
That's the only non proportional Proforma font (I know of).
And that's all you will need, else your paper output will be toally different
from your screen...

OK - if courier is the only non-proportional Proforma font, then we will stick with that.
I bow to your better knowledge.

OK that should fit on a Trump Card, especially if the FILTER THING can
give the device driver the option of sending the output to a file instead
of a pipe.

To to this within the device driver will be a non trivial task because you
wil have to open a filing system channel from withing the open call of a non
filing system device driver.

Hmm - what if the device driver asked the FILTER THING for the channel id where it needs to send its output. The FILTER THING should then be able to open the necessary pipe or temporary file.

That sounds a very good start - thankyou Wolfgang although I do not recall
you volunteering for the job !!

That's normal - I didn't.

Please try to allow for the device driver to be brought in line with the
spec at a later date - especially we need a PFF_USE command.

Yes, that's foreseen - it's the whole purpose of the exercise, isn't it?

Yes it is :-)

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services