> Tarquin recently made a serious point when he asked if Quanta committee
> meetings were secret. There are some of us on the committee who would like
> to see members being much better informed about what the committee get up
> to. That could be via this list, but it would be important to make a
> distinction between official and informal announcements.
There are non-members on this list too - I don't see that Quanta should feel
obliged to tell them the deliberations of every committee meeting! As has been
pointed out lately, this is not a Quanta owned list, although I suppose it
might be true that most on this list are probably members.

A better vehicle for publishing minutes like that would be the newsletter (or
Quanta website perhaps although that would exclude any members without email
and make the minutes accessible to non-members as well if an 'open' page)