On 1 Dec 2004 at 23:22, Joachim Van der Auwera wrote:

> Wolfgang Lenerz wrote:
> > - font to be used (doesn't make that much sense, it should probably be a
> > monspaced font, there is only one, courrier).
>
> I distincly remember spending a lot of time manually creating a simple
> font, I think it was either called "complete" or "builtin". Then
> intention was to include all allowed characters in that one. Don't think
> it ever got that far, but I do think it was a monospaced font.

"Complete", yes.

However, what one wants probably isn't just "a" font but four fonts
(normal, bold, italic, bold+italic) which are grouped into a "fontpack".
(else how do you produce , e.g., bold letters?)
IIRC, the builtin cimplete font is only "normal",  isn't it?

Hence the courier (which exists as four fonts....)

Wolfgang