ÎÎÎ Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:02:21 +0000,Î(Î) Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ÎÎÏÎÏÎ/wrote:

Ah, so my 75,000 will have problems!

May or may not... Jochen is claiming not but that's not the case with me

I have installed Thunderbird, and at first sight it is missing a lot of
things I need like:

. Routeing of incoming email to usenet-like folder (thus bypassing the
   main filed folder.
Thunderbird can do that with a plugin actually... Opera does it standard

. Multiple POP3 on one account.  One can route to one folder from
    different accounts but a  messy kludge.

It cannot do that but I don't see why it cannot be made in a Plugin... one only needs a nice RegExp ;-) to do it (therefore not a problem for you)

. Ability to filter addresses from fields other than listed.

That can be done, Opera does it standard

  Currently I would have to add tags (like qlmailing) to illegitimate
  fields
. regexps for filters

It allows that using xpi (see above) Allthough its scripting is extremely slow

. folders for selected email addresses linking to central filed emails.

.... and many other minor things.

I also see no mention of newsgroups, but it _must_ be there somewhere.

Never used that for it

Potentially the address book though is better if there is an extension to add selections and searchable labels. Turnpike limits to 500 in an email, so I have a two pass for the QL emailshot.

Tony