Just been doing a few more tests on this.

I too get a system crash if I configure smsq/e v3.07 to start in 256 colour mode - the screen just goes blank when you LRESPR smsq_gold. Not much help there - does not even try to link in Qubide or SGC banners

So, I thought I would try and see why my RW_GD2 code crashes the system.
Re-configured smsq/e to start in QL colour depth and reset the system.

My boot loads fine.
I then LRESPR'd my screen_cde (Marcel I have sent you a copy earlier today).
I set a breakpoint using QMON just before where it calls WM.INK.

Now do a PRINT RW_GD2

The breakpoint is reached and I can see the values of the registers.
However, no QMON prompt is displayed and the system just hangs - even the smsq/e reset key combination does not work. I have to reset the hardware.

I wonder whether smsq/e is stuck in supervisor mode at this point (cannot remember whether anything in the registers would tell us) since QMON does not seem able to trace supervisor mode on ANY version of smsq/e - always crashes the system.

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/