Roy Wood wrote:

> I do have a second request for information for the second article in
> the series. This will deal with Hard drives and their uses. I have a
> series of questions :
> 1. when did the Rebel Hard drive come out and what was it?
> 2. When did the Falkenberg Interface come out ?  Does anyone have a
> set of instructions for it they can scan in for me to quote in the
> article ?

IIRC, John Gregory of Quanta used to use a Falkenberg HD interface in
his PC-cased system.

I'm not sure when the Rebel interface came out (1990?) but AFAICR it
was conceptually similar to the Falkenberg (and other "expansion card"
HD systems).

And, of course, the QUBIDE firmware was based on the Rebel code,
albeit heavily modified by Phil Borman...

John