Something I have been discussing with some of the other traders has raised a little issue.

What development tools on the QL require a royalty to be paid to the original developer, for every copy of a program, which uses those tools, that is sold?

I think that there are royalties on the following:

Pointer Environment (WMAN and PTR_GEN, if included with the program) Â1 to Tony Tebby
Extended Environment(WMAN, PTR_GEN and HOT_REXT if included with the program) Â?? to Tony Tebby
QMenu Extensions Â1 to Jochen Merz

I am not certain about:

EasyPTR
- I recall that there was a royalty payable to Albin for each program sold which used this tool for its menus.
However, Roy Wood is not certain. Does anyone know - have sent an email to Albin, but no reply yet (if it is still valid).

Any others??
It would be nice if TT agreed to remove the royalty on the Pointer Environment (and Extended Environment), due to the fact that most users now have these. However, that is up to Tony (and yes, I admit, I must owe him some royalties as I thought these were royalty free, drat - where did I get that from?)

-- Rich Mellor RWAP Services 26 Oak Road, Shelfield, Walsall, West Midlands WS4 1RQ

http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/