On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:09:23 -0000, John Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Malcolm Cadman wrote:

Yes, that is the logic of it.

It clears the existing screen first - which is 800x600.
Then reduces the windows to a next to nothing size - which meant to
prevent a crash.
Then sets a 'High Colour' mode ( relatively speaking as it only has
256 colours ).
Then makes the windows back to the new screen size, which is
deliberately different in resolution to test the effect of the
change.

You miss my point - when the resolution is changed to 640x480, the outline for #0 is 800x600a0x0, and we all know what happens to a job whose outline falls outside the (new) screen limits...

Yes, but it doesn't upset my QPC2 but it does Malcolm's weird. Don;t think having an outline outside the new screen limits causes a problem - more if an open window falls outside the limits.

Anyway, I also suggested that eh now try OUTLN #0,512,256,0,0 before the DISP_COLOUR command, so we shall see if this makes any difference.

--
Rich Mellor
RWAP Services

http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/