This is absolutely hit and miss, depending on the software, updates, manufacturer of system and camera, other software, etc. (IE: ouch).

Simple solution - buy a Mac or better yet, do we have someone volunteering to write all the drivers and design the hardware for our system? (in case someone thinks I am serious, I am not)

By the way, I don't work for Apple anymore before anyone says anything.

But I do have too much experience helping others trying to get their cameras hooked up and working reliably on the PC side. And no, this is not an offer to help. I don't do Windows anymore :) Just QL and Macs.

Cheers,
jim