Derek Stewart wrote:

Hi,

The MAKE_DIR command first appeared for the Miracle Hard drive, whic was the
fisrt stable hard drive system for the QL, as I ran a BBS on a 40Mb Miracle
Hard Drive for a long time. Maybe the command to make hard directories was
incorporated in the Trump card Toolkit 2 rom, but it did notreally work on
floppy drives... well the one I had. It was not till the Gold Card appeared,
that I had a hard directory system on floppy disks.

My trump card user manual which came with my gold card (see previous posting) gives a TKII update record up to V 2.13. It also has a disk (firmware) update record which goes to V1.21 (included RAM disk v1.03 AT v1.17). The manual cover the use of RAM disks and in the keyword list it includes DUP DDOWN, but not MK_DIR, so it seems fairly conclusive to me that the version of the Trump Card covered did not include either the keyword, or the level 2 drivers. I agree that both were available on the GC though.

Jeremy

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.4 - Release Date: 25/1/05