In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Marcel Kilgus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Urgently need help (preferably off list) on this one.

"My Documents" on my computer at work usually points to
\\server\users\........ (can't remember rest fo it from memory)

For reasons best known to itself it's decided to put itself onto
drive C on this PC, so of course ALL company documents are suddenly
lost without trace.

I'd like to redirect the My Documents folder back to its original
server location but can find no info how to do this. Windows help is
meaningless gibberish going on about Group Policy and such things
without actually explaining how or where to go about it.

Depends on how your network works. In bigger installation the computer is likely to be joined in a Domain, where the Domain administrator controls that stuff.

With normal Workstations like mine at home the location can be set
using TweakUI (free download from Microsoft).

M$ did something called PC Power Tools sometime ago. Which may help you get control over the PC settings.

The Tools are only what the ordinary enthusiast may expect.

--
Malcolm Cadman