[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> A solution more than likely lies in the reset code on SMSQE which seems
> implicitly to assume a vector base register of zero. I might be wrong
> but an exlicit zero of the vector base register during soft reset under
> SMSQE might be a solution for the problem but a more fundemental look
> at the code might reveal where SMSQE is going wrong and and maybe lead to a
> solution.

The reason why RESET does not work with Q40/60 is indeed with the VBR. The
following change sorts the problem.

In smsq_q40_hwinit_asm the instructions should include:

hwinit
       moveq  #0,d0
       pcreg    vbr         ** this is the new instruction **
       pcreg    cacr

I have recompiled SMSQE for my Q40/60 with this addition and RESET now works.

George