> > Both statements are correct. There is no standard inbuilt way to do
> > it, so you have to use info windows to "paint" the new colours. While
> > you can alter the colours of menus with the techniques described in
> > your excellent article, it's an uncomfortable method and the only
> > practical way with standard Easyptr. I find it awful (and it might be
> > the graphics chips on this PC, because the effect is nowhere near as
> > bad on my Aurora) to see a menu drawn in one colour then a frame or
> > two later the colours change. I guess if one PC will do this, others
> > might find it uncomfortable too.
> >

> Dilwyn, do you get the same visible colour change when you run my GD2
> programs? They are written in standard EasyPtr and then recoloured. This
> might help with diagnosing what is wrong and whether it is a PC problem or
> not,
>
> Best wishes,
> Geoff
Will have a look when I get home tonight. I've downloaded your GD2 updates but
not installed them yet.

My little test programs running uncompiled didn't show the effect on my
MinisQL-Aurora, but did on the home PC. I should bring the programs in here to
try on this PC too.

If mine is the only PC in the world to do this, then fine, no problem, I'll
simply use older versions of programs affected. I do have a feeling that it
might be the graphics system on the PC since it is a very fussy machine for
running old games on, as my son has found to his cost, he has a 300 arcade
games CD most of which run OK on his machine but when he brings the CD with him
to my place he does get disappointed when half of them won't run.

I can just hear Roy muttering "Dilwyn and his PC again..."

I suspect you could probably see the effect by drawing the menu, putting a
PAUSE 1 or PAUSE 2 in before the painting.

If 99% of machines don't show this effect (and I'm sure we'd have heard from
disgruntled users if it was common) no problem, I'll just add it to the (long)
list of reasons why my wife should buy me a more modern PC!