On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:44:33 +0000, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You can find qdos-gcc at:
<URL:http://thgodef.nerim.net/qdos/english/frames.html>

> This project will take me some time and may not even appear (like many
> in the past) but it could prove to be very useful if it does. Anyone
> fancy a copy of Oracle running on their QL ?

How about mysql ;-)

Ffibys
How about gcc itself on QDOSMSQ systems instead of having to be able to run Q60 Linux or whatever to run it?

The only systems that would be able to run such a port would be high-end QL systems (ie 040+060) according at least to Thierry's account. That would immediately leave out emulators users except for users of UAE+QDOS Classic unless Daniele and Marcel do some fiddling with their emulation cores :-)

Thierry's site implies this work was done by Richard Zidlicky, Jonathan Hudson, Thierry himself and Dave Walker as consultant.

Isn't there a cross compiler version of C68 running on DOS(?) or Unix too (the name XTC68 seems to spring to mind)?

Correct. Three editions exist (although I haven't been able to find the most recent versions (C68 v. 4.24f):
XTC68NT (For Windows NT/2000/XP/.NET)
XTC68DOS (For MS/Free/DR/PC/DOS)
XTC68LINUX (For Linux) (Also runs on Free/NET/OpenBSD/Solaris and other BSD OSes if recompiled -or on x86 based architecture BSD OSes if Linux Binary Compatibility is enabled).

I had recompiled a significant portion of C68 to run under Windows in combination with the Bloodshed IDE and SourceEDIT (See articles on QLT) but sadly I lost the sources (still got the binaries though). Dave had promised me to send me the most recent VC 6.0 compliant sources however he's obviously very busy. It is a shame though because compiled with .NET it would work really fast in a variety of architectures including MONO (A .NET compatible framework) - which also means that it would be able to run on a PocketPC!

Mind you however, with very little fiddling, XTC68NT will work great with Bloodshed's IDE and if you upgrade the libraries you can immediately produce binaries even NOW using a great IDE, DEBUGGER etc...

Ffibys