P Witte wrote:
> Im aware of the embedded message, but at some point I changed to using 0,82
> (ie dont call the initialisation routine at all) and it has apparently
> worked. What deos the initialisation code do?

Oh dear, you're right. I didn't know "0" means "do not call at all"
and wouldn't have expected it as it seems somewhat of a bad design
decision. A quick look shows that the EasyPtr init routine just seems
to check whether the THING system is available, so you might well get
away with not calling the initialisation.

Marcel