> > Even the Quanta AGM could be interesting this year.
>
> So what happened then :-), any news of Platium Card funding?
1. John Mason was re-elected chairman

2. Roy Brereton has stood down from the committee. He was the longest serving
officer IIRC. Also means Quanta are again looking for a newsletter editor

3. No change in subscription fees - how many organisations can say they've kept
the same membership fee for so many years?

4. Geoff Wicks likely to be co-opted as a committee member this year (there
were no nominations for other committee members IIRC).

5. Workshop moderately well attended.

6. No news on specific funding issues, but open invitation as usual for ideas
to be submitted.

7. New Easyptr software available at last, hope everyone will now get a flurry
of releases of colourful new QL software!

8. Membership survey work done by Tony Firshman and John Southern attracted a
good response but showed that Quanta and QL Today are failing to reach the
"black box" users. They are there and contactable (the fact they responded to
the survey showed that) but somewhat disillusioned at lack of support at their
level. By "Black Box" users I refer to people with 128K QL mainly using Quill
and people with older minimally expanded QLs who are not using SMSQ/E, colour
drivers, Super Gold Cards or anything like that. General opinion seemed to be
that the survey should perhaps be done again every couple of years to monitor
the trend in QL usage. For me as a magazine editor, the message from the survey
was clear - we are catering for the advanced users reasonably well, but not for
the more basic system users.

9. Quanta library - many programs still only have MDV versions, or will only
work on older systems, etc. Need to look at updating these. Head librarian said
it would be difficult to do a complete test of all software int he library
(sheer quantity) but if users told him of a few specific examples, he'd see
what he could do.

Off the top of my head, that's most of what I can remember, anyone else
remember anything else important to mention?

Dilwyn Jones.