In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

On the other hand there are lots of freeware products available too.
Tell me about that one! Every now and then I have a flurry of updating my PD Library catalogue and I realise there's more and more free QL software out there than I can ever find time to catalogue and add to the library, let alone test them all! Steve Johnson used to say as much SJPD days, but there's one awful lot more out there now than even in SJPD days!

Also in hardware there are lots of second-hand items available.

Overall it is a good time to be a user.
You only have to take Darren's advice and visit a QL show to see that. There was a wealth of older stuff on sale at the Quanta AGM which I hadn't seen for years. The pace of new developments at the moment does mean you have to make the effort to keep up to date or just follow your particular line of interest (mine being collecting PD software and writing compiled basic programs written with Easyptr).

As you say, a good time to be involved and a QL user!

Yes, I seem to have something new to grapple with almost every month ... which can only be good news ... :-)

--
Malcolm Cadman