[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Turbo is about to take off, I believe. Id recommend those who gave up on it
> many years ago to take a look at it now!

There is one more change that I have made. That is in the choice of stack
size. EasyPtr and QPTR extensions need more stack than the 350 bytes default.
You
can at the moment configure codegen_task to give more, up to 2048. Marcel
thinks that may not be enough. I myself don't much like having to re-configure
codegen_task every time I want a different amount of stack. A large stack needs
a large data space, which results in a bigger compiled program. The change I
have made is to allow TURBO_objstk (a new Turbo TK Code extension) to set a
default stack size which can be changed in Turbo's front panel. The size of
stack
can be set from 350 to 9998 bytes. This new version will require an update of
Turbo TK code if TURBO_objstk is to be used, though the front panel can be
used to set the stack without it.

I have also looked at PEEK(!! etc) which allow easy access to system
variables and (PEEK(\\ etc) which allow access to S*BASIC areas. PEEK and POKE
are
dealt internally by Turbo which is much faster than calling the rom versions.
It
would not be easy to allow for the !! and \\ variations.

However, the system variables is found at SYS_VARS so a slightly extended
PEEK parameter can replace PEEK(!! . .). Also Turbo TK Code has several
BASIC_xxx
functions which should cover a lot od the PEEK(\\ ...) ground.

I hope soon to send out Turbo v4h21.

George
  • ... Geogwilt
    • ... Dilwyn Jones
    • ... P Witte
  • ... Marcel Kilgus
  • ... Dilwyn Jones
  • ... Geogwilt
    • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
    • ... P Witte
      • ... Dilwyn Jones
  • ... Geogwilt
  • ... Geogwilt