John Gilpin schreef:
I seem to remember, a long time ago, using the Archive ALTER command with a
list of field names so that although you have (say) all the fields of a
database visible on the monitor screen, by putting only some of them into
the list, you only ALTER those fields listed, ignoring those which are not
listed.

I now cannot find any reference to the above in any Archive book or manual
and I can't remember the syntax for the list.

Can anyone out there help me please :-) or tell me I'm mistaken in the first
case?:-(

Thanks

John Gilpin.

Hi,
AFAIR 'ALTER' doesn't allow a list of field names as parameter. All the fields visible on the screen are editable.The number of editable fields depends on the 'mode' you're using.
'ALTER(,;) name$' allows all the visible fields to be amended, but returns an error ('end of statement expected') when quitting the 'ALTER' window with 'ENTER'
Hope this helps
François Van Emelen