Hi Stuart,

Here are answers to your questions...

1. Has anyone tried QDT? What do they think of it? Does it allow drag
and drop or any other file handling functions like Windows Explorer does?

Drag and drop is not yet there but am currently working on it.

2.      If QDT doesn't have a file handler, are there other graphic
front-end file handlers that can be used in QPC2?

So far QDT pretty much just uses what is available. However, a file manager is also being planned that will be incorporated into the QDT folder type environment. It will also allow for objects to be made directly from files within it folders and full drag and drop, when it gets done.

3.      I vaguely remember QPTR - am I right that this just has
functions/handlers rather than being a full windowing suite?

Yes, qptr is a set of calls that handles the windows/pointer environment. It is very capable, especially for how long ago it was developed. QDT has had to extend the pointer environment in certain ways (IE: the tabbed notebooks) but takes full advantage of the pointer environment as it exists, including the wonderful message passing between jobs.

4. Is Easy Pointer 4 anything to do with the above?

No - just wish I had it when I start QDT. Am using it for future utilities, etc. I had used the original Easy Pointer for most of the window development, generated the 'C' code from it and then tuned it in.

I'd like to have a snazzy interface rather than typing everything in. This
will be important, I feel, if QPC/QXL/QL are to live for longer.

QDT does take advantage of the QMenu interface (use the right mouse clicks or short cut keys) where it makes sense. It is not included in the demo but if you already have it from another application, it will use it. QMenu is included with the full purchased release.

Jim