The only question I would think of, if the number of required printed copies gets too small, does the cost for those go up?

Cheers,
jim

On Aug 6, 2005, at 4:05 AM, Derek Stewart wrote:

Not all Quanta members have the abilities to download an electronic version of the magazine.

What are the arrangement for these people, is the magazine going disk based.

Derek

gwicks wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Stewart"
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] A4 or A5
I would like the magazine kept the way it is now.

Not sure about downloadable version,. this would mean non-subscribers would have access to the magazine.

But I guess this has been thought out.

Thought out, but not yet worked out. There are two possibilities. One is bulk emailing and the other is a closed section on the website. However no one on the Quanta Committee has experience of either so we would have to have external expertise. Downloading was thought up some years ago as a way of reducing costs, and if I remember rightly came from members at an AGM. The magazine is Quanta's biggest single expense. However savings would only be in postage and not in printing. Obviously the printer has to make a living and his only savings would be paper and ink costs,
Best Wishes,
Geoff