On Aug 13, 2005, at 4:10 AM, gwicks wrote:
Online conferencing is not as simple as its sounds. Jochen and I are trying to set up online facilities for urgent QL Today editorial conferences, but I am having problems with my server. The last Quanta committee meeting lasted for 4 hours. Would you really like to be sitting at your computer for that length of time? Sorry but I like to have human contacts.

On the other hand, it would allow some of us to participate who can't actually get there (small matter of an ocean in the way in my case). I do phone and video conferences all the time and have taken to using video iChat nearly every day. While obviously not as ideal on direct 1 to 1 contact, it still is an opportunity that would be nice to have.

Cheers,
jim