On  Fri, 16 Sep 2005 at 22:31:02,  wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

>On 09/16/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>  Hi all
>>
>> I have just switched psu in my Q40 and now the date is wrong. How do I set
>> it back ?
>>

>Oh well  I found my superbasic handbook and sdate did the trick :)
Ah - I forogt that.  The early SMSQ I used when building Q40s could not
update the clock.

My utility was mainly to start the clock.  The chip cpmes with a
disabled clock to save battery.

It is worth looking up the data on the clock chip.  If you are planning
to leave the Q40 off for any length of time, then stopping the clock
saves battery life.  It is Lithium, so once the battery is dead, it
needs a new chip.  Maybe there is a supplied utility.

>From memory, there is a command in Q40 SMSQ to protect the date
(prot_date 1 maybe).
The protocol to change the clock is pretty complex, so couldn't happen
easily, unless SDATE was used by you or a program.

Tony
--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
          tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk