----- Original Message -----
From: "P Witte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 12:50 AM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] QPC

> Bill Waugh writes:
>
>>> open#3,par
>>> print #3, ' Hi '
>>> close #3
>>>
>>> will work as well.
>>>
>>> Marcel
>> Yep it does, as does NEW I just found as it closes open channels, sorry I
>> missed that part of your mail ( rushing about making tea )
>> not sure how I manage this printing from Archive though, I'm only
>> printing
>> four or five lines ( name +  3 or 4 address line ).
>> Also I  managed this fine last year, probably I have upgraded QPC since
>> then
>> though.
>> Thanks for your reply
>
> Are you sure FF doesnt work?
>
> open#3; 'par': bput#3; 12
>
> should throw a page. On some printers you need to pass some data before an
> FF will work, such as:
>
> open#3; 'par': bput#3; 10, 12

Nope just does nothing until you close the channel

> Experiment! If that works, the equivalent command from Archive would be
> something like:
>
> lprint chr(0)+chr(12)
>
> (You need the leading chr(0) to bypass Archive's penchant for filtering
> out
> non-print characters)
>
> Regarding another problem, mentioned by Dilwyn, about the printer not
> starting to print a long document before the channel is closed, it just
> may
> be down to a setting in the PC's printer configuration dialog. Check the
> following (PC side):
>
> Start/Settings/Printers  Right click the printer you want to configure and
> select Properties. Select the Advanced tab. Check the Start Printing
> Immediately radio button, an' Bob's yer aunt's live-in lover.

Thats the setting already Per - looks like Bobs out of luck tonight then
tried 'Print direct to Printer' but that seemed to freeze QPC although that
might of course be Windows, sometmes programes do freeze on Windows believe
it or not.
Will try again after some food
Many thanks for your efforts

All the best - Bill