At 13:46 15/02/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>  Easy to transfer the dos1_xxx.txt to win1_xxx_txt and then
>run win1_sort_bas using win1_xxx_txt and send it back directly to
>dos1_xxx1.txt

Ah yes, you do neatly emphasise the  clumsiness of file transfer, if only
directory and suffix separators where interchangeable. Did TT have a German
keyboard when he chose "_".

I do agree that text manipulation is much easier in the QL realm, for
example I often want to review files on a drive, thr DOS cmd DIR /s creates
a listing with a load of diffusing eatra lines, either in Dillons Editor or
with a few lines of SuperBasic is swift but in PC mode near impossible.

But for something as an alpha sort of a word list just import into EXCEL.