In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, gwicks
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>This is a very long shot.
>
>I have been contacted by a Quanta member who has just upgraded to QPC2 and
>he asked for help in running a very old program.
>
>The program is so old that it was compiled using Supercharge and the author
>tells me the source code is no longer available.
>
>The problem seems to be that QPC2 does not recognise the Supercharge
>extensions. As I wrote this really is a long shot, but has anyone experience
>of running Supercharged programs on QPC2?

Supercharge was the early version of Turbo, I believe.

The user probably needs to ensure that a version of the relevant Toolkit
is also installed and present which may be the one supplied at the time
the program was "charged" or compiled.

My boot file for QPC2 has :

LRESPR windrive$ & '_turbo_sms_bin'

included in it.

This is the Turbo Toolkit maintained by Dave Gilham, and is the "sms"
version, as QPC2 runs on SMSQ/E.

My version is 3b33.

I assume that this is available for free download on Dilwyn's web site,
for example.

So, essentially, it is nothing to do with QPC2, which is just the
environment.

The user just needs to make sure the "old software" has all of the
relevant elements that it may need installed in memory.

Without, the same would occur on a basic "black box" QL system.

Just for the record, I have had the same problem with "Qliberated"
software. These compiled BASIC programs need to have the Qlib_run in
memory.

Again my boot file has :

LRESPR windrive$ & '_Qlib_run'

included in it.