This is an unusual request but is there anyone who has experience of running
a recent version of QSpread (v. 4.04) under QDOS?

The background is that one of our loyal QL Today readers has asked for help
on this problem. He has a simple, but business QL use. His systems are the
original mother boards and dual floppies built into cases. Tony has recently
serviced his hardware and has everything in working order.

His software use over 20+ years has been restricted to the Psion programs,
but about a year ago he thought he should learn more about the pointer
environment and bought QSpread. He has been unable to get it working.

I asked him to send me a copy of his working disk. This works perfectly on
QPC2 and Minerva and JM systems using SMSQ-E, but crashes under QDOS. On
both of my black boxes either the machine freezes showing the padlock icon
or resets. I have checked all the PE files and they are the latest versions.

This man is a loyal QL-er and a faithful QL Today reader and I am anxious to
help him. Any suggestions welcomed,

Best Wishes,

Geoff