>From: Marcel Kilgus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> There are knowledged people willing to share for NO PROFIT.
>Oh well, then we only have to find some of those and we're all good.
>That should be easy ;-)

I didn't say that there are not knowledged people Marcel. You are one of the
gurus here and I respect your work and contributions.

In other words, I am saying that new people would be more interested in
developing QL SW or HW if all the obstacles would disappear. Publishing all
available documentation, schematics and source code would make much faster kick
off of any new project. QL needs new projects.

>I'm also sure it's
>possible to get the schematics and layout of the QuibIDE board for
>free if anybody wants to build one for themselves and the firmware is
>free anyway.

I am sorry, it is possibly my fault that I am new here and I don't know the
people. So, I am the one who want to buid Qubide. Can you give me the direction
where can I get the schematics, please?

>So hardware of that complexity is a pretty old hat.

OK, but there are hundred(s) of black-box QL users without such device.

>Building hardware that actually advances the QL on the other hand is
>probably a dozen times more difficult.

Disagree. Maybe you are thinking of your expanded advanced super QL on your
desk, but my QL has only sandyQboard. So advancing has different meanings for
us. I would be happy with:

* Gold Card
* Qubide.

>IIRC even the old SGC card is
>some very complex 4 layer board that you can't just cook up in your
>kitchen.

4 layers, it's so complex that nobody can do it. We are doomed.

There is technology that enables building these devices, maybe not in my
kitchen. If one person has this capability, there can be at least one SGC
build. And what about more?

It was already pointed that some components in SGC doesn't exist, HW needs to
be redesigned, but capable people here doesn't have time. I am proposing to ask
"general public" and transforming this issue into challenge for developers.
That might in the best case bring working device in the worst case nothing will
happen.

>So excuse me if I think
>that the two systems cannot be compared in any way.

No problem. I hope you excuse me if I think that it can be compared. Black QL
is not far more complicated than ZX. Biggest difference is in your mind.

Jan