> Thanks to people on this list I'm now in possession of  all I need
> build SMSQ, I decided to have a go while I was at work. I then
> realised
> that I didn't have a copy of SMSQ available to me there (I do at
> home)
> and therefore because the source relies on the DEV device being
> available (which as far as I can see is only available in SMSQ
> itself) I
> once again hit a brick wall.
There is a such a thing as DEV_REXT which is a small extensions file
to give a DEV device on systems which haven't one build in. I've put a
copy onto my website at:

http://www.dilwyn.uk6.net/tk/index.html

The zip file includes a text file plus an article about use of DEV.
There's a boot program and the extensions file itself. I've never
actually used DEV_REXT myself, I just thought it might prove helpful.

The other device utilities like SUB and PTH are there too.

> Maybe something on the free GPL licence that is stopping Peter from
> thinking he can distribute his work is beyond me. After all, Red Hat
> Linux
I think that the basic problems are insurmountable here - Peter and
the traders have diametrically opposite views on the SMSQ/E situation
and I don't think it's going to change, unfortunately. There have been
some disagreements in the past which may prevent resolution of this
issue - Roy's email shows this.