>>> I was not aware that cased mdvs were exclusively Spectrum.
>
> >>The internal mdv sockets are bridged so the first external comes in
> >>as No 1, chain upto eight.
>
>> PS, forgot to mention I still have the QXL, original enquirer did
>> not respond.
>
>Interested! Emailed...
>
>Richard

Morning.

Ah yes, i remember now, there is a small port at the side of the QL for
additional
Microdrives isn't there, i forgot !!

I think I'm after QL Software rather than hardware at the moment, there is a
rather
large gap with regard to commercial games / languages etc. BCPL by Metacomco
for
example. Spook, Pharaoh and many others. Sadly, I gave away an old PC a while
back
which would of been an ideal candidate for the QXL !

I still haven't gotten around to sending Rich my SGC & QL so he can
marry the SGC ( tested as ok by Tony last year ) against a QL it'll work
with ( & one with working microdrives! ).  I really must do this soon before
I loose interest in my black box QL.

I've ordered a Compact Flash IDE adaptor off ebay ( £4 all in ) and armed with
the
Qubide mod that Mr P Fox recommends, I will see if I can make my Aurora HD' less
by fitting a 512 or 1GB CF card.

Neil

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient.
It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor may
it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact the company on
01793-715380, then delete it from your system. Please note neither the company
nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any) for viruses.
No contract may be concluded on behalf of the company by means of email
communications.

BC Services (UK) Limited (trading as Boxclever), Technology House,
Ampthill Road, Bedford, MK42 9QQ.  Registered No. 5290544 England

 www.boxclever.co.uk