The Quanta Birmingham workshop is now taking its final shape and is looking
very promising.

We shall have a good attendance of traders Tony Firshman, Roy Wood and Rich
Mellor. This will be the first time that Rich has been able to attend a show
for some years.

The two "semi-traders" Dilwyn Jones and Just Words! will also be present.

We have three presenters booked - Dilwyn Jones, myself and Simon Goodwin.

Dilwyn will be demonstrating his "QL on a Stick" which last week and this week
has produced quite a few mailings on this list. If there is time he will also
demonstrate Launchpad.

I shall present an item "Mapping Ancient and Modern". Hugh Rooms has brought us
to the brink of a major breakthrough in QL map drawing technology. I shall
present a history of QL map drawing programs leading up to a sneak preview of
what we can expect in the future.

At the moment I can't give any details of Simon's presentation. This is because
we are still negotiating and investigating the technical facilities we can
offer him. Suffice it to say that he has put a lot of time and effort into his
contribution. I hope to tell you more before the show.

Simon would like to have an idea who intends to be at the show. If you expect
to come perhaps you could let me know via this list or privately. Obviously
this is not intended as "advance booking" or an irrevocable commitment.

See you on the 6th October!

Best wishes,

Geoff