Hello everybody,

A friend of mine has a problem with his Qubide (PC cabinet with Aurora, Gold
Card and bus expander).

This is the third time in a couple of months that the drive is not
recognized anymore. I.e. the dots at QL boot do not appear at all. First
time I solved the problem just by unplugging / plugging all the cards and
cables. Second time this solution did not work 100% as the dots at boot
appeared but the name of the drive was shown with strange characters and the
drive was actually not recognized. I then removed/inserted the ICs of the
Qubide (I think the two GALs) and everything magically worked again.

Yesterday evening the problem appeared again. No Qubide dots at boot,
everything is stuck. Of course I will try the usual solution of
unplugging/plugging boards etc. However which could be in your opinion the
origin of the problem and which could be the definitive solution?

Thank you

Best regards

Davide