In message <08288672-59e3-469a-ad80-e6f0babb5...@jdh-stech.com>, James Hunkins <j...@jdh-stech.com> writes

Hi Jim,

Yes ... but only after you have logged yourself in, if connected to the internet in some way or other.

Nice to hear from you again though ... :-)

Any work taking place on QDT recently ?

PS - I guess that Norman has fell asleep after the New Year festivities and forgotten his password ... :-)

If your home computer is on the network, a password on your account can help decrease the possibility of a remote user/virus program from changing critical parts of your system. It all depends on the OS and how it is set up of coarse.

In other words, the password doesn't only protect you from other nefarious people in your own house :) but more importantly from remote unauthorized users who can hack into your system by various methods.

jim