gdgqler wrote:

On 24 Jan 2009, at 17:14, Dilwyn Jones wrote:

Evening Dilwyn,

Test email only, please ignore.

I tried to ignore it, but it said that I *had to* ignore it, so if I had ignored it, then I would have followed the instructions in the email and
that would have meant that I had not, in fact, ignored it!

My brain hurts after that!

Cheers,
Norman.
Errrr.....

So was this as a result of dreaming up an in-depth assembler article on condition-testing and decision-making, perchance?

On the other hand, if you had ignored it, you would have failed to ignore what it said and an exception condition would have been generated which you could not have ignored and your condition-testing routine would have gone into an infinite loop which you could ignore because it would seem as though it was ignoring you.

Hang on, the men in white coats are here to take me away...

My comment is intentionally blank.

George

PS

Except for *GEORGE*
There is a notice on posh piano where I rehearse saying that "Nothing must be placed on this piano" - I have added (except this notice)". The other one I like is the notice on the *only* way in to a local primary school where 90% of the children arrive. "This gate must be closed at all times". I have yet to see kids thrown over the gate (8-)#

You are all *very* polite. In comp.sys.sinclair (or something like that) they are not so gentlemanly!

Tony