Norman Dunbar wrote:
> Ok, Cygwin as far as I remember gives you the opportunity to do a
> download only and to save the files in a given location. That is the
> best option. It doesn't install anything.

Ok, I'll try again!

Once downloaded, yo can then run the installer again and tell it (but it
should know) to do an install from a local repository. This way, if it
messes up, you simply uninstall and then run the installer again. You
don't need to be connected to the internet and if you are still on a
dial-up link, it doesn't have to download everything again.

That's how I used to do it years ago. I'd try it out at work and confirm
all this, but our system is well tied down and we can't even connect to
Cygwin these days - anything that hasn't been approved is unreachable.

Cheers,
Norman.