John Taylor wrote:
Tony said>
It was a really sad end to IQLR.  Bob closed the publication just after he had
received advanced payment for my year's ads (and others I think).
He must have been in real trouble.

BobD was in trouble with the bank.
They waited until all the renewals came in, then they closed him.
That is how they always do it.
Bob got the blame for closing when he did.
Bob got the blame because he ensured and repeated many times that nothing could happen to the money as it was a safe (Escrow?) account,
if I remember this correctly.

And we all know the word for taking money KNOWING that you will not be able to deliver. And not wanting to know about debt is not an excuse.

If you start something and you do it properly for many years - then why not finish it properly, and not with lies? Things can go wrong, but at least be honest about them.

However, there's always a positive side (at least I hope it was) as QL Today was born: Stuart Honeyball and I decided we had to do something
immediately, and so we did :-)

Jochen

--
Jochen Merz Software - Kaiser-Wilhelm-Str. 302 - D-47169 Duisburg
   Tel. +49-(0)203-502011      Fax +49-(0)203-502012